As you know, planning a wedding can be overwhelming, so determining a budget can definitely make the process go a bit smoother.
When you are establishing your budget here are a few things to consider:
– Decide who is paying, and get how much they will be contributing.
– Guests list is a big factor as it can make or break your budget.
– Location, Location, Location! Where are you planning to have your wedding, can be a big factor in deciding on budget needs.
– Style of wedding: If you are leaning toward lush of flowers, small details, plated dinner with a five course meal, your budget will be higher than having a BBQ wedding in your parents backyard.
– Date and time of the year can also bring cost higher, as different seasons, and evening receptions are in popular demands.
Now, that you’ve established your budget, how do you keep track of it?
– Hire a wedding planner: Not to be biased, but it will save you ton of time and money. Hiring someone who knows the ins and out of weddings, and can find you the perfect creative team, will not only save you time, but will keep you on budget. Your planner will help you keep track of where you are and how much you need to spend in each category.
– Get a system: Start by using our budget sheet, which will give you an idea of what to spend on each category, and stick to it.
– Don’t forget about the extras: There are a few extras that you may forget about, such as tips and gratuities, service fees, overtime, etc.
– Plan to go over: With anything in life you have to budget for the unforeseen costs.
Here are a few examples:
- You chose a perfect season and outdoor location, but two days before the wedding, rain is forecast. You need to get a tent, umbrellas and other necessaries to prepare for such weather.
- Small accidents, as something need to be replaced
- Last minute realization of items needed.
Making the most of your budget is to know where to save and what to prioritize.
Get your BUDGET SHEET , and start the process. If you need help, we are here to guide you through the process, and don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest for more inspirations.